Duncan Fletcher to oversee India `A` in South Africa
Rustenberg (South Africa): Indian cricket team head coach Duncan Fletcher will oversee the India `A` team in South Africa for the two four-day matches against the Protea `A`, according to a report.
The first four-day match starts here tomorrow while the second match will be played at Pretoria from August 24-27.
India `A` team recently emerged victorious in the one-day tri-series featuring `A` team of India, South Africa and Australia.
Leading the Indian side, Cheteshwar Pujara was upbeat about his team`s chances in the longer format as well.
"Winning the ODI series has given us a confidence boost going into the four-day series. We played really well throughout that series, except for a couple of close games against Australia that we lost," Pujara was quoted as saying by `ESPNcricinfo`.
South Africa `A` skipper Justin Ontong, on the other hand, said the change in format would provide his men an opportunity step up their game.
"We are in a very good space as a unit. Our four-day disciplines are where we want them to be. We are encountering new opposition, so it is a new challenge for us, and also a new opportunity for players to put in some noteworthy performances," Ontong said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai