Duncan told me that planning an innings is key: Wriddhiman
New Delhi: Wriddhiman Saha has been scoring runs with monotonic consistency after coming back from the tour of Australia.
The 27-year-old Bengal lad has hardly put a foot wrong in the eight domestic innings (two first class and six List A) he has played since coming back from his tour Down Under. Scores of 124, 170, 85 no, 55 no, 66, 72, 53, 53 no bear testimony to that. Six 50`s in six List A matches is commendable and not many people have achieved this feat in Indian domestic scene in the past decade.
"Maintaining a level of consistency has been my primary aim and I am just trying to do that. I am grateful to Duncan Fletcher for his inputs which has definitely helped me become a better batsman. Duncan would always tell me that it`s no important at what pace you score the runs but key to scoring runs consistently is proper planning," Wriddhiman said, after guiding Bengal to their fourth Vijay Hazare Trophy final in last five years.
His Bengal coach WV Raman believes that stint with Chennai Super Kings has helped the glovesman adapt to pressure situations better and Wriddhiman couldn`t agree more.
"I always feel that more I bat in pressure situations, the better player I would become. Obviously, today`s innings would rank as one of my better one day efforts as the pitch wasn`t easy to bat on. This was not a track where one could just go out and play his shots. One needed to concentrate on singles and twos. Although Harbhajan Singh didn`t experiment a lot, the deliveries from their left-arm spinners (Vinay Chaudhary and Rajwinder Golu) was skidding a lot."
Asked whether he feels bad that being dubbed as a `Test specialist` is hurting his chances to make it into the ODI fold, Saha replies politely, "I don`t know what people speak behind my back. I know that I have a job at hand and try to perform that to the best of my abilities."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport