Dwayne Bravo delighted with Grenada support
St. George`s (Grenada): Dwayne Bravo says he was delighted with the turn-out of supporters in Grenada to the three-match One-Day International series between the West Indies and Zimbabwe.
Thousands flocked the national stadium, including the country`s re-elected Prime Minister Keith Mitchell, to witness West Indies defeat Zimbabwe in all three matches.
The series signalled a successful return to international cricket on the Spice Isle after a four-year absence.
"We wanted to win well and entertain the fans at home, so for me it was a personal delight to see the way the fans came out and supported us in every match. We will take this momentum into the T20s in Antigua," declared Bravo who captained the side in the absence of regular skipper Darren Sammy.
"Darren Sammy will come back as captain and he has done a great job as captain and we also expect the fans in Antigua to come out and support us in the weekend, afternoon matches."
Under Bravo`s leadership, the West Indies dominated Zimbabwe in ideal conditions at the Grenada National Stadium.
The West Indies won the first match by a whopping 156 runs last Friday, dominated the Zimbabweans in a seven-wicket victory Sunday and clinched the 3-0 result Tuesday.
"I want to say it was a great team performance which saw us win this series," said the 29-year-old all-rounder.
"I couldn`t have done it without the help of everyone in the dressing room - the players as well as the management staff. We came here to win and to win three games, and that is what we managed to achieve."
The West Indies and Zimbabwe play a two -match T20 series Saturday and Sunday at the Sir Vivian Richards cricket ground in Antigua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi