ECB asks KP to find a new county or risk losing his contract
London: Cricketer Kevin Pietersen has been asked to find a new county by next season or risk losing his England central contract. England and The Wales Cricket Board (ECB) insists that Pietersen needs an affiliation with a county and is not allowed to play as a freelance after quitting Hampshire.
The Sun quoted England coach Andy Flower, as saying that: "It won`t worry me if Pietersen`s domestic cricket future is unresolved by the start of the Ashes in November."
"But the ECB policy will be that all of our players must be contracted to a county," he added.
Hampshire have twice refused to pick Pietersen since he severed his ties with them, despite being released by England to play for the county.
On Monday, after England`s victory in the second Test against Pakistan, Pietersen and three other players were released to take part in Saturday`s Friends Provident T20 finals day at the Rose Bowl. However, Hampshire declined to select him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon