ECB asks KP to find a new county or risk losing his contract
London: Cricketer Kevin Pietersen has been asked to find a new county by next season or risk losing his England central contract. England and The Wales Cricket Board (ECB) insists that Pietersen needs an affiliation with a county and is not allowed to play as a freelance after quitting Hampshire.
The Sun quoted England coach Andy Flower, as saying that: "It won`t worry me if Pietersen`s domestic cricket future is unresolved by the start of the Ashes in November."
"But the ECB policy will be that all of our players must be contracted to a county," he added.
Hampshire have twice refused to pick Pietersen since he severed his ties with them, despite being released by England to play for the county.
On Monday, after England`s victory in the second Test against Pakistan, Pietersen and three other players were released to take part in Saturday`s Friends Provident T20 finals day at the Rose Bowl. However, Hampshire declined to select him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’