ECB asks KP to find a new county or risk losing his contract
London: Cricketer Kevin Pietersen has been asked to find a new county by next season or risk losing his England central contract. England and The Wales Cricket Board (ECB) insists that Pietersen needs an affiliation with a county and is not allowed to play as a freelance after quitting Hampshire.
The Sun quoted England coach Andy Flower, as saying that: "It won`t worry me if Pietersen`s domestic cricket future is unresolved by the start of the Ashes in November."
"But the ECB policy will be that all of our players must be contracted to a county," he added.
Hampshire have twice refused to pick Pietersen since he severed his ties with them, despite being released by England to play for the county.
On Monday, after England`s victory in the second Test against Pakistan, Pietersen and three other players were released to take part in Saturday`s Friends Provident T20 finals day at the Rose Bowl. However, Hampshire declined to select him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory