ECB hopeful of appointing new head coach for England within next month: David Collier
London: The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) chief executive David Collier has said that they are hopeful of appointing a head coach for their national team within the next month.
Collier said that the ECB would conduct interviews this month and hopefully have an appointment before the season starts to succeed Andy Flower, who resigned in January after the 5-0 Ashes wipeout in Australia.
The contenders for England`s head coach include current limited-overs coach Ashley Giles, former coach Peter Moores, who is currently in charge of Lancashire, Nottinghamshire director of cricket Mick Newell and New South Wales coach Trevor Bayliss, the BBC reported.
Collier said that ECB managing director Paul Downtown and the people the people they have used to help recruit the coaches have searched the world for a new head coach.
Collier also said that the ECB is very satisfied because the top people are applying for the post adding that he knows that Downtown is being very, very `diligent` in going through the list.
England will face Scotland for their next match in a one-day contest on May 9 followed by a limited-overs and Test series against hosts Sri Lanka, which will start with a Twenty20 match on 20 May, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'