Eden track looks strange, says Swann
Kolkata: After Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, England`s Twenty20 skipper Graeme Swann criticised the Eden Gardens pitch, saying it looked strange.
"It`s a strange looking wicket. It`s very dry and very bare," said Swann in the one-off Twenty20 match-eve media meet here.
Swann said it was likely that Saturday`s match will be low-scoring.
"It was, to some extent, an ugly looking wicket. You were never really set and it was difficult to score runs," Dhoni had said at the post-match prize distribution ceremony after the fifth ODI on October 25 at the Eden Gardens.
However, veteran Eden Gardens curator Prabir Mukherjee had hit back at Dhoni for his comment asking how could the Indian captain then bat for so long and top-score in the match.
"He knows good English. He has the liberty to express his views. But I would only say had the wicket been `ugly`, how is it that the opening batsmen of both sides did well? How is it that Dhoni himself played for so long," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab