Edwards, Bishoo strike in Bangladesh Test
Chittagong: Fidel Edwards and Devendra Bishoo grabbed two wickets apiece before Bangladesh reached 332-8 at lunch on the penultimate day of the opening Test against the West Indies.
Paceman Edwards took 2-78 and leg-spinner Bishoo 2-73 as Bangladesh added 77 runs in 29 overs to Friday`s total of 255-4.
Naeem Islam was unbeaten on 28 and Shahadat Hossain on four not out at the break.
No play was possible on Saturday and Sunday due to rain.
Edwards struck with his first delivery when he had skipper Mushfiqur Rahim (68) caught by Bishoo at square-leg before dismissing Shahriar Nafees (32) in his next over.
Rahim hit five fours in his 145-ball knock before falling.
Nafees, who retired hurt on 21 after being struck by an Edwards bouncer on Friday, could add just 11 runs before being caught by wicket-keeper Carlton Baugh.
Bishoo also took two wickets in successive overs, removing debutants Nasir Hossain (34) and then Elias Sunny for no score. Nasir hit six fours in his 47-ball knock.
The second and final Test starts in Dhaka on October 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan