Edwards, Bishoo strike in Bangladesh Test
Chittagong: Fidel Edwards and Devendra Bishoo grabbed two wickets apiece before Bangladesh reached 332-8 at lunch on the penultimate day of the opening Test against the West Indies.
Paceman Edwards took 2-78 and leg-spinner Bishoo 2-73 as Bangladesh added 77 runs in 29 overs to Friday`s total of 255-4.
Naeem Islam was unbeaten on 28 and Shahadat Hossain on four not out at the break.
No play was possible on Saturday and Sunday due to rain.
Edwards struck with his first delivery when he had skipper Mushfiqur Rahim (68) caught by Bishoo at square-leg before dismissing Shahriar Nafees (32) in his next over.
Rahim hit five fours in his 145-ball knock before falling.
Nafees, who retired hurt on 21 after being struck by an Edwards bouncer on Friday, could add just 11 runs before being caught by wicket-keeper Carlton Baugh.
Bishoo also took two wickets in successive overs, removing debutants Nasir Hossain (34) and then Elias Sunny for no score. Nasir hit six fours in his 47-ball knock.
The second and final Test starts in Dhaka on October 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you