Edwards replaces Rampaul for Jamaica Test
Kingston (Jamaica): West Indies fast bowler speedster Fidel Edwards has replaced injured Ravi Rampaul in the 13-man West Indies squad for the second and final Test against New Zealand starting here Thursday.
Fast bowler Rampaul took four wickets in the first Test which the West Indies won by nine wickets in St John`s Sunday, but has been ruled out with a groin problem.
It is the only change to the squad which arrived here Monday to start preparation for the match at Sabina Park.
Edwards is the most experienced of all the current West Indies pacers with 158 wickets from 54 Tests.
Team: Darren Sammy (captain), Denesh Ramdin (vice captain), Adrian Barath, Tino Best, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Assad Fudadin, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Kieran Powell, Fidel Edwards, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand