Edwards replaces Rampaul for Jamaica Test
Kingston (Jamaica): West Indies fast bowler speedster Fidel Edwards has replaced injured Ravi Rampaul in the 13-man West Indies squad for the second and final Test against New Zealand starting here Thursday.
Fast bowler Rampaul took four wickets in the first Test which the West Indies won by nine wickets in St John`s Sunday, but has been ruled out with a groin problem.
It is the only change to the squad which arrived here Monday to start preparation for the match at Sabina Park.
Edwards is the most experienced of all the current West Indies pacers with 158 wickets from 54 Tests.
Team: Darren Sammy (captain), Denesh Ramdin (vice captain), Adrian Barath, Tino Best, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Assad Fudadin, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Kieran Powell, Fidel Edwards, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister