Efforts on to organise IPL matches in UP
Ballia: Uttar Pradesh Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Narad Rai on Thursday said that efforts were being made to organise Indian Premier League matches in the state.
Talking to the reporters Rai said that talks were being held with the BCCI to organise IPL matches in UP.
He said that efforts were being made to stage the National Games in 2015 in UP.
Rai said that a Test match between India and New Zealand would be played here in November.
He said that sports colleges would be set up in Ballia and Basti district and meal allowance of the atheletes has been hiked from Rs 150 per day to Rs 200.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!