Efforts on to organise IPL matches in UP
Ballia: Uttar Pradesh Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Narad Rai on Thursday said that efforts were being made to organise Indian Premier League matches in the state.
Talking to the reporters Rai said that talks were being held with the BCCI to organise IPL matches in UP.
He said that efforts were being made to stage the National Games in 2015 in UP.
Rai said that a Test match between India and New Zealand would be played here in November.
He said that sports colleges would be set up in Ballia and Basti district and meal allowance of the atheletes has been hiked from Rs 150 per day to Rs 200.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed