Efforts on to organise IPL matches in UP
Ballia: Uttar Pradesh Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Narad Rai on Thursday said that efforts were being made to organise Indian Premier League matches in the state.
Talking to the reporters Rai said that talks were being held with the BCCI to organise IPL matches in UP.
He said that efforts were being made to stage the National Games in 2015 in UP.
Rai said that a Test match between India and New Zealand would be played here in November.
He said that sports colleges would be set up in Ballia and Basti district and meal allowance of the atheletes has been hiked from Rs 150 per day to Rs 200.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Liquor mafia attacks police, media personnel in Madhya Pradesh; 2 held
- 'Dishoom' poster OUT! Varun Dhawan, John Abraham look uber classy
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come