Election for CEO position is fair and transparent: CSA
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) on Monday rubbished speculations that former ICC CEO Haroon Lorgat is the frontrunner for the position of chief executive and said the governing body will ensure that the election process is fair and transparent for all applicants.
The chief executive`s position was vacated by tainted Gerald Majola after he was dismissed a few months ago following irregularities over IPL 2 bonuses.
There were speculations that a choice for the CEO`s position has already been made by the CSA board and that the interview process was just a facade.
However, CSA president Chris Nenzani today said that the CSA CEO has not been elected yet.
"The only name that CSA will release will be that of the successful candidate at the completion of the process," Nenzani said in a statement.
"CSA will ensure that the process is fair and transparent for all applicants and I must state, categorically, that at this stage no appointment has been made," Nenzani added.
In the past week, much had been made of alleged dissatisfaction by the BCCI over the possible appointment of Lorgat, who has been at loggerheads with the Indian board during his tenure at the ICC.
CSA independent director and former President Norman Arendse said they had discussed the concerns and the reported threat by BCCI to withdraw from a tour to South Africa if Lorgat was made CEO, during a meeting last week.
Acting chief executive at CSA, Naasei Appiah would not comment on this, but a CSA insider told media that the body could not afford to lose an inbound tour by India because of the income that it generated for CSA.
"(India does) generate much of (CSA`s) income through television broadcasting deals and their tours help to sustain not only us, but other boards around the world," the source told the weekly City Press.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!