End of road for Deccan Chargers: SC rejects appeal against termination
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Deccan Chargers’ last attempt to survive at the Indian Premier League suffered a major setback as the Supreme Court on Friday dismissed their appeal against termination.
Notably the cash-strapped IPL franchise had on Friday had moved to the apex court to file an appeal against the team`s termination from the Indian Premier League (IPL) by the BCCI.
The Chargers had challenged the Bombay High Court’s order refusing to set aside a status quo order passed by an arbitrator on cessation of its membership in the league.
Deccan wanted an extension till the 25th of the October as they were looking for new buyers but Supreme Court’s decision means that its finally the end of road for the 2009 IPL champs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day