End of road for Deccan Chargers: SC rejects appeal against termination
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Deccan Chargers’ last attempt to survive at the Indian Premier League suffered a major setback as the Supreme Court on Friday dismissed their appeal against termination.
Notably the cash-strapped IPL franchise had on Friday had moved to the apex court to file an appeal against the team`s termination from the Indian Premier League (IPL) by the BCCI.
The Chargers had challenged the Bombay High Court’s order refusing to set aside a status quo order passed by an arbitrator on cessation of its membership in the league.
Deccan wanted an extension till the 25th of the October as they were looking for new buyers but Supreme Court’s decision means that its finally the end of road for the 2009 IPL champs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users