Eng vs NZ, 2nd Test, Day 1: Compton, Trott score tons as England post 267/2
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: Centuries by Nick Compton and Jonathan Trott on day one of the second Test put England on course for a huge first innings total as they finished at 267 for the loss of two wickets.
New Zealand captain McCullum won the toss and put England in to bat. Left armer Neil Wagner gave the hosts an early breakthrough when he dismissed Alastair Cook for 17 runs.
However, after the initial hiccup, it was all England as Compton (100) and Trott (121*) got together for a 210 run partnership to lead England to a dominating position.
At the end of play on day one Kevin Pietersen (18*) was batting with Trott.
New Zealand pacers disappointed and did not live up to the expectations of the skipper. Slow left arm spinner Bruce Martin was the most impressive bowler on display and ended with figures of 1 for 58 in 27 overs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife