Eng vs NZ, 2nd Test, Day 1: Compton, Trott score tons as England post 267/2
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: Centuries by Nick Compton and Jonathan Trott on day one of the second Test put England on course for a huge first innings total as they finished at 267 for the loss of two wickets.
New Zealand captain McCullum won the toss and put England in to bat. Left armer Neil Wagner gave the hosts an early breakthrough when he dismissed Alastair Cook for 17 runs.
However, after the initial hiccup, it was all England as Compton (100) and Trott (121*) got together for a 210 run partnership to lead England to a dominating position.
At the end of play on day one Kevin Pietersen (18*) was batting with Trott.
New Zealand pacers disappointed and did not live up to the expectations of the skipper. Slow left arm spinner Bruce Martin was the most impressive bowler on display and ended with figures of 1 for 58 in 27 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH