Eng vs NZ, 2nd Test, Day 1: Compton, Trott score tons as England post 267/2
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: Centuries by Nick Compton and Jonathan Trott on day one of the second Test put England on course for a huge first innings total as they finished at 267 for the loss of two wickets.
New Zealand captain McCullum won the toss and put England in to bat. Left armer Neil Wagner gave the hosts an early breakthrough when he dismissed Alastair Cook for 17 runs.
However, after the initial hiccup, it was all England as Compton (100) and Trott (121*) got together for a 210 run partnership to lead England to a dominating position.
At the end of play on day one Kevin Pietersen (18*) was batting with Trott.
New Zealand pacers disappointed and did not live up to the expectations of the skipper. Slow left arm spinner Bruce Martin was the most impressive bowler on display and ended with figures of 1 for 58 in 27 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Original seeds of monster black holes detected, claim astronomers
- OnePlus to launch Loop VR headset this summer
- Wishes galore! Look what Bollywood has to say on Karan Johar's 44th birthday
- Controversial BJP MLA targets Nehru-Gandhi family, asks govt to bring down statues named after them
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 goes out of stock within minutes of open sale