England beat Pakistan by 5 runs in the final T20 tie
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Dubai: England defeated Pakistan by 5 runs in a last ball thriller to win the T20 series 2-1. Misbah-ul-Haq was bowled off the last bowl as Pakistan needed 6 runs to win. Asad Shafiq (34) was the highest run getter for Pakistan.
Chasing 130 runs to win, Pakistan lost Mohammad Hafeez in the second over after which Awaiz Zia and skipper Misbah-ul-Haq added 40 runs for the second wicket. After Zia was out, Umar Akmal took the charge and scored 22 runs.
With 13 needed off the last over, Jade Dernbach just conceded 7 runs and took 2 wickets for 24 runs.
Earlier, England batsmen once again succumbed to the spin bowling of Saeed Ajmal who picked up 4 wickets for 23 runs. Kevin Pietersen continued his impressive form as he remained not out at the score of 62 runs. England managed to score 130/5 at the end of 20 overs.
England skipper Stuart Broad won the toss and decided to bat first. Openers Kieswetter and Pietersen gave a decent start to their side as England scored 28 runs at the end of 4 overs before Kieswetter was caught at long on by a good catch from Shoaib Mallik off the bowling of Saeed Ajmal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?