England beat West Indies by 114 runs
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Southampton: England beat West Indies 114 in the 1st ODI of the Natwest series by 114 runs (D/L method) at The Rose Bowl, Southampton.
Led by comeback man Ian Bell’s brave 126 off just 117 balls, England setup a target of 289 for the West Indies, to which the visors only managed to score 172 runs. Tim Bresnan took 4 wickets as Dwayne Smith scored 56 runs off just 44 balls up the order.
Led by comeback man Ian Bell’s brave 126 off just 117 balls, England setup a target of 289 for the West Indies at The Rose Bowl, Southampton in the 1st ODI of the NatWest Series.
Ian Bell, who was nursing a suspected fractured jaw fought through the pain making the most of the opportunity up the order scoring at a brisk pace courtesy 12 boundaries and one hit over the fence. After captain Alastair Cook went for a nought, Jonathan Trott (42) combined well in the middle with bell putting up a solid partnership of 108 runs with a run rate of 5.40.
The mystery bowler Sunil Narine impressed with match figures of 10-0-47-1 with the wicket of Trott.
Eoin Morgan was scalped by Marlon Samuels when the south paw was on 21, when England where looking to take the batting powerplay. Craig Kieswetter, the wicketkeeper who came in next scored a steady 38 off 39 balls but it was the late attack by Tim Bresnan (21 runs off 21 balls) and Stuart Broad (21 runs off 15 balls) that helped England post a competitive score of 288 in 50 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi