England beat West Indies by 114 runs
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Southampton: England beat West Indies 114 in the 1st ODI of the Natwest series by 114 runs (D/L method) at The Rose Bowl, Southampton.
Led by comeback man Ian Bell’s brave 126 off just 117 balls, England setup a target of 289 for the West Indies, to which the visors only managed to score 172 runs. Tim Bresnan took 4 wickets as Dwayne Smith scored 56 runs off just 44 balls up the order.
Led by comeback man Ian Bell’s brave 126 off just 117 balls, England setup a target of 289 for the West Indies at The Rose Bowl, Southampton in the 1st ODI of the NatWest Series.
Ian Bell, who was nursing a suspected fractured jaw fought through the pain making the most of the opportunity up the order scoring at a brisk pace courtesy 12 boundaries and one hit over the fence. After captain Alastair Cook went for a nought, Jonathan Trott (42) combined well in the middle with bell putting up a solid partnership of 108 runs with a run rate of 5.40.
The mystery bowler Sunil Narine impressed with match figures of 10-0-47-1 with the wicket of Trott.
Eoin Morgan was scalped by Marlon Samuels when the south paw was on 21, when England where looking to take the batting powerplay. Craig Kieswetter, the wicketkeeper who came in next scored a steady 38 off 39 balls but it was the late attack by Tim Bresnan (21 runs off 21 balls) and Stuart Broad (21 runs off 15 balls) that helped England post a competitive score of 288 in 50 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea