England bring in Bairstow as cover for injured Stokes
Cardiff: The England cricket team on Friday called up Jonathan Bairstow as cover for injured all-rounder Ben Stokes ahead of the fifth and final one-dayer against India here.
Apart from Bairstow, Jos Buttler has also been added to the squad as a batting cover.
"Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire) and Jos Buttler (Somerset) have today been called up to the England squad for the final one-day international in the NatWest Series against India at the SWALEC Stadium, Cardiff on Friday September 16," the England and Wales Cricket Board said in a statement.
Stokes has had a reoccurrence of a finger injury.
England currently lead the five-match series 2-0 with one match remaining. While the first match of the series was rained out, another ended in a tie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list