England bring in Bairstow as cover for injured Stokes
Cardiff: The England cricket team on Friday called up Jonathan Bairstow as cover for injured all-rounder Ben Stokes ahead of the fifth and final one-dayer against India here.
Apart from Bairstow, Jos Buttler has also been added to the squad as a batting cover.
"Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire) and Jos Buttler (Somerset) have today been called up to the England squad for the final one-day international in the NatWest Series against India at the SWALEC Stadium, Cardiff on Friday September 16," the England and Wales Cricket Board said in a statement.
Stokes has had a reoccurrence of a finger injury.
England currently lead the five-match series 2-0 with one match remaining. While the first match of the series was rained out, another ended in a tie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Man gets melon-sized tumour removed from his neck after 25 years – Watch!
- Legend behind the famous Baijnath Shiva temple—You will be surprised to know the British connection!
- Indian Premier League 2016: I will be worried if I had to bowl at Virat Kohli, says Wasim Akram
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75,419 Baleno to rectify faulty airbags
- Guys, the 'Baywatch' BAE Priyanka Chopra is back!