England bring in Bairstow as cover for injured Stokes
Cardiff: The England cricket team on Friday called up Jonathan Bairstow as cover for injured all-rounder Ben Stokes ahead of the fifth and final one-dayer against India here.
Apart from Bairstow, Jos Buttler has also been added to the squad as a batting cover.
"Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire) and Jos Buttler (Somerset) have today been called up to the England squad for the final one-day international in the NatWest Series against India at the SWALEC Stadium, Cardiff on Friday September 16," the England and Wales Cricket Board said in a statement.
Stokes has had a reoccurrence of a finger injury.
England currently lead the five-match series 2-0 with one match remaining. While the first match of the series was rained out, another ended in a tie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day