England could still miss Pietersen: Arthur
London: Australia coach Mickey Arthur believes England could still miss their star batsman Kevin Pietersen, despite winning four successive one-day internationals since he retired from limited overs cricket.
Pietersen, who remains a Test cricketer, quit the shorter formats after England refused his request to give up one-dayers but still play Twenty20s.
Innings of 125, 53, 41 and 75 by Pietersen’s replacement Ian Bell has helped England win against the West Indies 2-0 and take a 2-0 lead against Australia in the ongoing five match series.
“Kevin’s a world-class player, there``s certainly no getting away from that. He’s been fantastic, so it would have been an interesting selection poser,” a website quoted Arthur, as saying.
“You would say they’ve gone seemingly well without him, because I don``t think they``ve lost an ODI since he’s gone. But down the line I think they might feel the weight of that decision, because he is a class act - and he was playing very, very well as well before it ended for him. At the moment they``re not missing him but down the line, not sure.”
However, England is on a run of eight successive ODI wins and Arthur said: “I think they``re playing really well. They``re playing a very good brand of cricket. They``re playing with their specialists; they``re playing the one-day game with their best players.”
Arthur is hopeful that Australia will raise their game over the remaining three ODIs against England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Kerala's Nirbhaya: HC rules out CBI probe in Perumbavoor rape-murder case
- Saudi Arabia denounces Iran over decision to not send Hajj pilgrims this year
- Vaishno Devi pilgrim dies after heart attack
- CLP leader Narayanasamy meets Kiran Bedi, stakes claim to form government in Puducherry
- Amitabh Bachchan finally reacts to daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai's purple lips at Cannes!