England defeat Australia in rain-curtailed ODI
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manchester: An all-round show from Ravi Bopara saw England defeat archrivals Australia in rain curtailed fourth ODI by seven wickets to win the series 4-0.
Called in to bat by the home captain Alastair Cook, Australia scored 145 runs in 32 overs. George Bailey was the top scorer for the visitors with 46 (53b, 3X4, 2X6). Ravi Bopara and James Tredwell took two wickets apiece.
England’s victory target was revised after another rain interruption to 138 in 29 overs.
England, however, did lose Ian Bell (4) in the first over of their innings but Cook (58) and Bopara (52) drove them home with 11 balls to spare.
For his effort with the bat and ball Bopara, playing in his 78th match, was adjudged man-of-the-match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'