England defeat Australia in rain-curtailed ODI
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manchester: An all-round show from Ravi Bopara saw England defeat archrivals Australia in rain curtailed fourth ODI by seven wickets to win the series 4-0.
Called in to bat by the home captain Alastair Cook, Australia scored 145 runs in 32 overs. George Bailey was the top scorer for the visitors with 46 (53b, 3X4, 2X6). Ravi Bopara and James Tredwell took two wickets apiece.
England’s victory target was revised after another rain interruption to 138 in 29 overs.
England, however, did lose Ian Bell (4) in the first over of their innings but Cook (58) and Bopara (52) drove them home with 11 balls to spare.
For his effort with the bat and ball Bopara, playing in his 78th match, was adjudged man-of-the-match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH