England defeat Australia in rain-curtailed ODI
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manchester: An all-round show from Ravi Bopara saw England defeat archrivals Australia in rain curtailed fourth ODI by seven wickets to win the series 4-0.
Called in to bat by the home captain Alastair Cook, Australia scored 145 runs in 32 overs. George Bailey was the top scorer for the visitors with 46 (53b, 3X4, 2X6). Ravi Bopara and James Tredwell took two wickets apiece.
England’s victory target was revised after another rain interruption to 138 in 29 overs.
England, however, did lose Ian Bell (4) in the first over of their innings but Cook (58) and Bopara (52) drove them home with 11 balls to spare.
For his effort with the bat and ball Bopara, playing in his 78th match, was adjudged man-of-the-match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- VIDEO: Brett Lee sledged Zaheer Khan while he was batting. What happened next will blow your mind!
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell