England defeat Australia in rain-curtailed ODI
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manchester: An all-round show from Ravi Bopara saw England defeat archrivals Australia in rain curtailed fourth ODI by seven wickets to win the series 4-0.
Called in to bat by the home captain Alastair Cook, Australia scored 145 runs in 32 overs. George Bailey was the top scorer for the visitors with 46 (53b, 3X4, 2X6). Ravi Bopara and James Tredwell took two wickets apiece.
England’s victory target was revised after another rain interruption to 138 in 29 overs.
England, however, did lose Ian Bell (4) in the first over of their innings but Cook (58) and Bopara (52) drove them home with 11 balls to spare.
For his effort with the bat and ball Bopara, playing in his 78th match, was adjudged man-of-the-match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug