England defeat Australia in rain-curtailed ODI
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manchester: An all-round show from Ravi Bopara saw England defeat archrivals Australia in rain curtailed fourth ODI by seven wickets to win the series 4-0.
Called in to bat by the home captain Alastair Cook, Australia scored 145 runs in 32 overs. George Bailey was the top scorer for the visitors with 46 (53b, 3X4, 2X6). Ravi Bopara and James Tredwell took two wickets apiece.
England’s victory target was revised after another rain interruption to 138 in 29 overs.
England, however, did lose Ian Bell (4) in the first over of their innings but Cook (58) and Bopara (52) drove them home with 11 balls to spare.
For his effort with the bat and ball Bopara, playing in his 78th match, was adjudged man-of-the-match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics