England drop Collingwood and Prior for ODIs
London: Former captain Paul Collingwood and wicketkeeper Matt Prior have been dropped from England`s squads for upcoming one-day and Twenty20 internationals against Sri Lanka, the England and Wales Cricket Board said on Tuesday.
Wicketkeeper Craig Kieswetter and all-rounder Samit Patel have been recalled for both squads while fast bowler Steven Finn is also a surprise selection.
Collingwood, who retired from Test cricket at the start of the year, is England`s most capped one-day player but has been out with a knee injury.
Kieswetter`s return at the expense of Prior had been widely expected as England`s Test keeper has struggled to reproduce his best form in the limited-overs game.
"Paul Collingwood has been an inspirational limited-overs cricketer for England over many years and we still see a role for him in this capacity based on form and fitness," national selector Geoff Miller said in a statement.
"His omission is purely down to form over a period of time."
Bowler James Anderson has retained his place after being left out during the recent World Cup.
England play a solitary Twenty20 against Sri Lanka on June 25 before embarking on a five-match one-day series starting June 28.
England Twenty20 squad:
Stuart Broad (captain), Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Jade Dernbach, Steven Finn, Craig Kieswetter, Michael Lumb, Eoin Morgan, Samit Patel, Kevin Pietersen, Graeme Swann, Chris Woakes, Luke Wright
England one-day squad:
Alastair Cook (captain), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Stuart Broad, Jade Dernbach, Steven Finn, Craig Kieswetter, Eoin Morgan, Samit Patel, Kevin Pietersen, Graeme Swann, Jonathan Trott, Chris Woakes
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read