England fast bowler Tremlett believes it’s tough for him to win his place back
London: England fast bowler Chris Tremlett believes it won’t be easy for him to find his way back into the national squad, as his pace mates will pounce on any opportunity provided to them.
Tremlett performed brilliantly during England’s Ashes triumph Down Under but his UAE tour had to be curtailed due to a back injury.
Although he is on the road to recovery, Tremlett believes Steve Finn or Tim Bresnan will snatch the third quick bowling spot.
“It’ll be very difficult task to get back in the Test side. People will jump at their chances and take opportunities. Finn could be the man to step up and take his chance in the next Test – and Bresnan will want to play as well,” the Daily Star quoted Tremlett, as saying.
“I hope to be back in four to five weeks but because it’s a disc issue, I can’t put a definite time on it. It’s not easy to bowl 20 to 30 overs in a day but I hope to be playing for Surrey at the start of next month,” he added.
Tremlett said he is aware he won’t be ready for the West Indies series, but has set his eyes on the home series against South Africa.
“I think realistically I won’t be ready for the West Indies series and I’ll be behind in the pecking order. The South Africa series in July is more of an estimate. I need to prove my fitness and force my way back into Test reckoning. I want to be back bowling like I did last summer and during the Ashes,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read