England maintain top spot in ICC T20 Rankings, India sixth
Dubai: World champions England continued their domination of the Reliance ICC Twenty20 International Rankings while 2007 edition winners India occupied the sixth place in the latest chart issued on Tuesday.
England retained their top spot with 129 points after winning their Twenty20 International series against Pakistan 2-1 in Abu Dhabi.
South Africa are second with 119 points while Sri Lanka are third with 117. New Zealand (114) and Australia (110) are fourth and fifth, ahead of India (108).
Suresh Raina, at the sixth spot, is the highest-ranking Indian in the list of batsmen, which is headed by Kevin Pietersen who replaced England team-mate Eoin Morgan at the top.
Richard Levi of South Africa, who clubbed the fastest Twenty20 International century by belting five fours and 13 sixes (the most sixes in a T20 to date) in a 51-ball 117, has entered in 22nd position.
Among the bowlers, no Indian is in the top 10 with off-spinner Harbhajan Singh the only one from the country in the top 30.
Englishman Graeme Swann occupies number one bowling spot with Sri Lankan Ajantha Mendis in second spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September