England maintain top spot in ICC T20 Rankings, India sixth
Dubai: World champions England continued their domination of the Reliance ICC Twenty20 International Rankings while 2007 edition winners India occupied the sixth place in the latest chart issued on Tuesday.
England retained their top spot with 129 points after winning their Twenty20 International series against Pakistan 2-1 in Abu Dhabi.
South Africa are second with 119 points while Sri Lanka are third with 117. New Zealand (114) and Australia (110) are fourth and fifth, ahead of India (108).
Suresh Raina, at the sixth spot, is the highest-ranking Indian in the list of batsmen, which is headed by Kevin Pietersen who replaced England team-mate Eoin Morgan at the top.
Richard Levi of South Africa, who clubbed the fastest Twenty20 International century by belting five fours and 13 sixes (the most sixes in a T20 to date) in a 51-ball 117, has entered in 22nd position.
Among the bowlers, no Indian is in the top 10 with off-spinner Harbhajan Singh the only one from the country in the top 30.
Englishman Graeme Swann occupies number one bowling spot with Sri Lankan Ajantha Mendis in second spot.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape