England maintain top spot in ICC T20 Rankings, India sixth
Dubai: World champions England continued their domination of the Reliance ICC Twenty20 International Rankings while 2007 edition winners India occupied the sixth place in the latest chart issued on Tuesday.
England retained their top spot with 129 points after winning their Twenty20 International series against Pakistan 2-1 in Abu Dhabi.
South Africa are second with 119 points while Sri Lanka are third with 117. New Zealand (114) and Australia (110) are fourth and fifth, ahead of India (108).
Suresh Raina, at the sixth spot, is the highest-ranking Indian in the list of batsmen, which is headed by Kevin Pietersen who replaced England team-mate Eoin Morgan at the top.
Richard Levi of South Africa, who clubbed the fastest Twenty20 International century by belting five fours and 13 sixes (the most sixes in a T20 to date) in a 51-ball 117, has entered in 22nd position.
Among the bowlers, no Indian is in the top 10 with off-spinner Harbhajan Singh the only one from the country in the top 30.
Englishman Graeme Swann occupies number one bowling spot with Sri Lankan Ajantha Mendis in second spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you