England pacer Finn ruled out of second Test against India
Mumbai: England pacer Steven Finn has been ruled out of the second Test against India with the thigh strain he picked up at the start of the tour.
Finn, who was injured during England`s first warm-up match of the tour, was expected to be recalled for the second Test here to bolster the English attack which failed to make an impression in the first Test in Ahmedabad.
He is now, however, expected to undergo a scan tomorrow to know the extent of the problem.
England are certain to make changes to their bowling attack for the second match with left-arm spinner Monty Panesar likely to come back.
The batting line-up could also be slightly altered as Ian Bell has flown home for the birth of his child.
Skipper Alastair Cook, after the failure in the first Test, urged all his players to chip in.
Cook made a defiant 176 in the second innings but could not avert a nine-wicket defeat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'