England pacer Finn ruled out of second Test against India
Mumbai: England pacer Steven Finn has been ruled out of the second Test against India with the thigh strain he picked up at the start of the tour.
Finn, who was injured during England`s first warm-up match of the tour, was expected to be recalled for the second Test here to bolster the English attack which failed to make an impression in the first Test in Ahmedabad.
He is now, however, expected to undergo a scan tomorrow to know the extent of the problem.
England are certain to make changes to their bowling attack for the second match with left-arm spinner Monty Panesar likely to come back.
The batting line-up could also be slightly altered as Ian Bell has flown home for the birth of his child.
Skipper Alastair Cook, after the failure in the first Test, urged all his players to chip in.
Cook made a defiant 176 in the second innings but could not avert a nine-wicket defeat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP