England pacer Finn ruled out of second Test against India
Mumbai: England pacer Steven Finn has been ruled out of the second Test against India with the thigh strain he picked up at the start of the tour.
Finn, who was injured during England`s first warm-up match of the tour, was expected to be recalled for the second Test here to bolster the English attack which failed to make an impression in the first Test in Ahmedabad.
He is now, however, expected to undergo a scan tomorrow to know the extent of the problem.
England are certain to make changes to their bowling attack for the second match with left-arm spinner Monty Panesar likely to come back.
The batting line-up could also be slightly altered as Ian Bell has flown home for the birth of his child.
Skipper Alastair Cook, after the failure in the first Test, urged all his players to chip in.
Cook made a defiant 176 in the second innings but could not avert a nine-wicket defeat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof