England pacer Finn ruled out of second Test against India
Mumbai: England pacer Steven Finn has been ruled out of the second Test against India with the thigh strain he picked up at the start of the tour.
Finn, who was injured during England`s first warm-up match of the tour, was expected to be recalled for the second Test here to bolster the English attack which failed to make an impression in the first Test in Ahmedabad.
He is now, however, expected to undergo a scan tomorrow to know the extent of the problem.
England are certain to make changes to their bowling attack for the second match with left-arm spinner Monty Panesar likely to come back.
The batting line-up could also be slightly altered as Ian Bell has flown home for the birth of his child.
Skipper Alastair Cook, after the failure in the first Test, urged all his players to chip in.
Cook made a defiant 176 in the second innings but could not avert a nine-wicket defeat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry