England players escape unhurt in taxi incident
Dubai: Four England cricketers, including the star duo of Kevin Pietersen and Monty Panesar, escaped unhurt when the taxi they were travelling in was involved in a minor incident here.
"Stuart Broad, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen and Monty Panesar were travelling at around 100kph when the taxi`s bonnet suddenly flew up and into the car`s windscreen, obscuring the driver`s vision," according to reports.
"The driver was able to stop the car safely, however and the players were able to take a full part in training on Saturday evening."
The squad trained at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium, which will host the opening ODI against Pakistan.
England were blanked 0-3 by Pakistan in the Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM