England players escape unhurt in taxi incident
Dubai: Four England cricketers, including the star duo of Kevin Pietersen and Monty Panesar, escaped unhurt when the taxi they were travelling in was involved in a minor incident here.
"Stuart Broad, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen and Monty Panesar were travelling at around 100kph when the taxi`s bonnet suddenly flew up and into the car`s windscreen, obscuring the driver`s vision," according to reports.
"The driver was able to stop the car safely, however and the players were able to take a full part in training on Saturday evening."
The squad trained at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium, which will host the opening ODI against Pakistan.
England were blanked 0-3 by Pakistan in the Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir