England players `left to fend for themselves` following Pietersen`s controversial axing
London: England`s cricketers have reportedly been left fuming at the silence of the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) over their decision to axe star batsman Kevin Pietersen.
Pietersen`s days as an international cricketer came to an end when the England and Wales Cricket Board ( ECB) announced that it had `unanimously` decided to move forward without him ahead of the forthcoming tour of the West Indies and the World Twenty20.
According to the Mirror, however, the lack of communication from Lord`s has not gone down well with fans or the current squad, who have been left to fend for themselves in the face of rumour, speculation and abuse on social media.
Captain Alastair Cook and wicketkeeper Matt Prior have been the most vindicated, with accusations of being responsible for Pietersen`s axing being hurled against them.
With 13, 797 runs to his name, Pietersen bows out as England`s all-time leading scorer across all formats of the game, although his outspoken personality and on-pitch single-mindedness made him a polarising figure, with former England players divided in their reactions to the news of his axing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan