England players `left to fend for themselves` following Pietersen`s controversial axing
London: England`s cricketers have reportedly been left fuming at the silence of the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) over their decision to axe star batsman Kevin Pietersen.
Pietersen`s days as an international cricketer came to an end when the England and Wales Cricket Board ( ECB) announced that it had `unanimously` decided to move forward without him ahead of the forthcoming tour of the West Indies and the World Twenty20.
According to the Mirror, however, the lack of communication from Lord`s has not gone down well with fans or the current squad, who have been left to fend for themselves in the face of rumour, speculation and abuse on social media.
Captain Alastair Cook and wicketkeeper Matt Prior have been the most vindicated, with accusations of being responsible for Pietersen`s axing being hurled against them.
With 13, 797 runs to his name, Pietersen bows out as England`s all-time leading scorer across all formats of the game, although his outspoken personality and on-pitch single-mindedness made him a polarising figure, with former England players divided in their reactions to the news of his axing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises