England players `left to fend for themselves` following Pietersen`s controversial axing
London: England`s cricketers have reportedly been left fuming at the silence of the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) over their decision to axe star batsman Kevin Pietersen.
Pietersen`s days as an international cricketer came to an end when the England and Wales Cricket Board ( ECB) announced that it had `unanimously` decided to move forward without him ahead of the forthcoming tour of the West Indies and the World Twenty20.
According to the Mirror, however, the lack of communication from Lord`s has not gone down well with fans or the current squad, who have been left to fend for themselves in the face of rumour, speculation and abuse on social media.
Captain Alastair Cook and wicketkeeper Matt Prior have been the most vindicated, with accusations of being responsible for Pietersen`s axing being hurled against them.
With 13, 797 runs to his name, Pietersen bows out as England`s all-time leading scorer across all formats of the game, although his outspoken personality and on-pitch single-mindedness made him a polarising figure, with former England players divided in their reactions to the news of his axing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH