England recalls Anderson as cover for Finn for T20 series
London: England has recalled pacer James Anderson as a cover for Steve Finn for the Twenty20 series against South Africa.
Anderson has not played for England in the shortest form of the game since his appearance against South Africa in a match at Centurion in November 2009.
The 30-year-old is not part of the England squad for the ICC World Twenty20 tournament, which starts in Sri Lanka later this month.
Finn had missed the final one-day international against the Proteas in Nottingham on Wednesday after being hampered by a stiff back and that convinced the selectors to bring in Anderson, Sport24 reports.
England face South Africa in three Twenty20 internationals, the first is at Durham on Saturday, the second at Old Trafford on Monday and the third at Edgbaston on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley