England recalls Anderson as cover for Finn for T20 series
London: England has recalled pacer James Anderson as a cover for Steve Finn for the Twenty20 series against South Africa.
Anderson has not played for England in the shortest form of the game since his appearance against South Africa in a match at Centurion in November 2009.
The 30-year-old is not part of the England squad for the ICC World Twenty20 tournament, which starts in Sri Lanka later this month.
Finn had missed the final one-day international against the Proteas in Nottingham on Wednesday after being hampered by a stiff back and that convinced the selectors to bring in Anderson, Sport24 reports.
England face South Africa in three Twenty20 internationals, the first is at Durham on Saturday, the second at Old Trafford on Monday and the third at Edgbaston on Wednesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living