England team would know warm-up opposition on Oct 25
Mumbai: The visiting England cricketers would know which teams they would be facing in the three warm-up games, prior to the four-Test series against India, only next week.
"Everything would be known on October 25," a Cricket Board source told PTI here today.
England will play their opening game after landing in Mumbai on October 29 from Dubai, where they will train for three days at the ICC Global Cricket Academy, from October 30 to November 1 at the Cricket Club of India`s Brabourne Stadium.
The second game, from November 3 to 5, has been shifted from the original venue -- BKC ground of Mumbai Cricket Association -- to the D Y Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai.
The third and final warm-up tie is a four-day game in Ahmedabad, from November 8-11, prior to the opening Test at the Motera ground there from November 15-19.
The other three Tests are to be played at Mumbai (Nov 23-27), Kolkata (Dec 5-9) and Nagpur (Dec 13-17).
The first two warm-up ties are expected to be against India `A` and Board President`s XI, according to another source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Quikr acquires Hiree, to focus on innovating in jobs space
- ICICI, Axis banks join Swift's global payments initiative
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Wayne Rooney aims to take up coaching after retirement
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray