England team would know warm-up opposition on Oct 25
Mumbai: The visiting England cricketers would know which teams they would be facing in the three warm-up games, prior to the four-Test series against India, only next week.
"Everything would be known on October 25," a Cricket Board source told PTI here today.
England will play their opening game after landing in Mumbai on October 29 from Dubai, where they will train for three days at the ICC Global Cricket Academy, from October 30 to November 1 at the Cricket Club of India`s Brabourne Stadium.
The second game, from November 3 to 5, has been shifted from the original venue -- BKC ground of Mumbai Cricket Association -- to the D Y Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai.
The third and final warm-up tie is a four-day game in Ahmedabad, from November 8-11, prior to the opening Test at the Motera ground there from November 15-19.
The other three Tests are to be played at Mumbai (Nov 23-27), Kolkata (Dec 5-9) and Nagpur (Dec 13-17).
The first two warm-up ties are expected to be against India `A` and Board President`s XI, according to another source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS