England to keep guessing about Oz Ashes squad till Trent Bridge toss, says Lehmann
Sydney: Australian coach Darren Lehmann has intended to keep England guessing about his team until the toss on Wednesday morning at Trent Bridge, figuring that they would have an element of surprise over England.
With England`s Ashes line-up already being announced, it is unlikely to have late twists in the squad, while the same cannot be said for Australia, which will field a radically different team from the one that played the final Test in Delhi in March.
The report further said that three positions in the batting order are yet to be confirmed and the bowling attack would not be finalized until the selectors have had a glance at the pitch in Nottingham.
Stating that Australians had the element of surprise on their side, Lehmann said that they would probably name the team at 10.30 on the morning of the first Test, seeking any available advantage to put strong, settled England off its game.
Declining to confirm any player`s position in the team except for the new opening pair of Shane Watson and Chris Rogers, Lehmann strongly hinted about a positive chance of having Ed Cowan in the squad, saying that they are yet to work out whether he is in the top six or not.
Lehmann, who has taken special note of India`s batting implosion against spin, especially of batsman Ravi Ashwin`s, during the Border-Gavaskar series, has signalled a fresh approach to England`s experienced off-spinner Swann, who feasts on left-handed batsmen.
Stating that Australia needed to work on spinning, as they did not play their spinners well in India, Lehmann also said that they have got to learn from experience and play a certain way against spin bowling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?