England vs New Zealand, 2nd Test, Day 2: England continue to dominate on day 2
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: England set a first innings total of 465 and took three New Zealand wickets on day 2 to continue their domination of the 2nd Test.
Resuming at an overnight score of 267 for the loss of two wickets England suffered a collapse as they were reduced to 374-7 after lunch. However, Matt Prior led England’s fightback to lend some further solidity to the innings and guide England to a huge first innings total.
For the hosts, spinner Bruce Martin was the best bowler on display as he finished with figures of 4-130. Boult, Wagner and Williamson picked up two wickets each for the Kiwis.
New Zealand began their first innings in disastrous fashion as they lost wickets at regular intervals to end day 2 at 66 for the loss of 3 wickets. James Anderson struck first for England in the sixth over when picked up the wicket of Fulton. Stuart Broad then picked up two wickets for the tourists and bowled a probing line and length throughout to trouble the Kiwi batsmen.
Kane Williamson (32*) and Brownlie (8*) were at the crease for the hosts at the end of play on day 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof