England vs New Zealand, 2nd Test, Day 2: England continue to dominate on day 2
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: England set a first innings total of 465 and took three New Zealand wickets on day 2 to continue their domination of the 2nd Test.
Resuming at an overnight score of 267 for the loss of two wickets England suffered a collapse as they were reduced to 374-7 after lunch. However, Matt Prior led England’s fightback to lend some further solidity to the innings and guide England to a huge first innings total.
For the hosts, spinner Bruce Martin was the best bowler on display as he finished with figures of 4-130. Boult, Wagner and Williamson picked up two wickets each for the Kiwis.
New Zealand began their first innings in disastrous fashion as they lost wickets at regular intervals to end day 2 at 66 for the loss of 3 wickets. James Anderson struck first for England in the sixth over when picked up the wicket of Fulton. Stuart Broad then picked up two wickets for the tourists and bowled a probing line and length throughout to trouble the Kiwi batsmen.
Kane Williamson (32*) and Brownlie (8*) were at the crease for the hosts at the end of play on day 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'