England vs South Africa 1st ODI: Match abandoned due to persistent rain
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Cardiff: It's bad news. Persistent rain has abandoned the match. After a lot of delay the match began and the rain returned after one ball.
After a short delay the players were back on the field and England openers Alastair Cook and Ian Bell added 37 runs for the first wicket.
Bell was looking good as he hit Morkel for two sixes in the fifth over.
The latest update is that the match has been reduced to 23 Overs.
After one ball, the rain arrived once again and the players were sent back to the pavilion.
The 1st ODI between England and South Africa has been delayed due to rain.
Earlier, South Africa won the toss and elected to field first in the 1st ODI against England.
The last time South Africa played an ODI series in England, they were hammered 4-0 with one match washed out. It is safe to assume that revenge will once again be their motto.
England will have to get back to their winning ways but it will not be easy against a rampant South African side.
They will be low on confidence after losing their No.1 Test ranking. The other problem that they might encounter in Cardiff is the weather. There is rain forecast for most part of the day and both teams will be hoping that they can have an uninterrupted match.
South Africa (Playing XI): Hashim Amla, Graeme Smith, Dean Elgar, AB de Villiers(w/c), Jean-Paul Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Ryan McLaren, Wayne Parnell, Robin Peterson, Morne Morkel, Lonwabo Tsotsobe
England (Playing XI): Alastair Cook(c), Ian Bell, Jonathan Trott, Ravi Bopara, Eoin Morgan, Craig Kieswetter(w), Tim Bresnan, Chris Woakes, Graeme Swann, Steven Finn, James Anderson
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters