England vs South Africa 1st T20I: Proteas register comprehensive win by 7 wickets
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Chester-le-Street: In spite of their best efforts, the hosts are finding it extremely difficult to overcome the South African batsmen. The first T20 between the two sides experienced a similar story.
The English bowlers tried to defend a paltry score as they reduced South Africa to 29/3 after which Jacques Kallis and JP Duminy scored the remaining runs as English bowlers looked like a bunch of ordinary cricketers.
Batting first, Kieswetter got England to a good start. After Alex Hales scored two boundaries off the first over bowled by Robin Peterson, Kieswetter smashed two boundaries and one six in Tsotsobe’s first over! Hales was run-out in the fourth over.
But once Botha struck first ball to dismiss Kieswetter (25), none of the other batsmen managed to score a formidable score as Bopara (6), Morgan (10), Bairstow (15) were dismissed in quick successions. England were reduced to 85/7 and it was an unbeaten 33-run partnership between Broad (18*) and Swann (18*) that took them past the 100-run mark.
In reply, Jade Dernbach took two wickets as he dismissed Richard Levi (8) and de Villiers (10). Finn dismissed du Plessis (4) as South African scoreboard read 29/3.
But after that it was a matter of time that Proteas chased the total which Kallis (48*) and Duminy (47*) did comfortably with an unbeaten partnership of 90 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Sahara auction: Sebi adds 16 land parcels, bid price Rs 650 crore
- Poland urges rethink of closer EU integration
- Impact of Brexit on Mahindra Group will be muted: CFO
- Donald Trump says Britons ''took back control of their country'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch