England vs Sri Lanka: As it happened...
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Colombo: Over 1 Sri Lanka were 4/0 in their second innings at stumps on Day 3 after conceding a lead of 185 runs.
152.3 overs Out! Samit Patel was caught by Dhammika at deep mid-wicket and became Randiv’s first victim. He was the last man to be out as England were bundled out for 460 runs with a first innings lead of 185 runs.
151.2 overs: Out! Anderson went for a reverse sweep and missed it. The ball hit him on the pads and umpire raised his finger. England were 458/9.
149.4 overs: Out! Graeme Swann drove and ended up gifting a simple catch to Dilshan at covers. Herath completed his 10th five wicket haul. England were 454/8.
138.5 overs: Out! Tim Bresnan got beaten by the pace and was bowled by Herath to end his brief stay at the crease. Bresnan was late in bringing his bat to face the ball and it skid past him to land on the stumps. England were 419/7.
134.5 overs: Out! Kevin Pietersen’s excellent knpck of 151 runs came to an end after being given lbw off the bowling of Rangana Herath. Pietersen reviewed it but the decision was upheld. England were 411/6.
126.2 overs: Out! Matt Prior decided to take on Herath but miscued a shot to long-off where Dhammika completed a safe catch. England were 380/5
125.0 overs: England were 375/4, a lead of exactly 100 runs.
KP was batting on 123. Prior giving him company on 10. England looked all set to take a decisive first innings lead so that they would not have to bat again.
117.3 overs: Ian Bell out!!
Finally, a wicket for a pacer. Dhamika Prasad picked up Ian Bell for 18. England were 347/4.
114.5 overs: Kevin Pietersen slammed a brilliant hundred!!
Ever since Pietersen came out to bat after the fall of Cook, he looked to be in ominous touch, hitting boundaries and over boundaries at will. He gave the England innings a much needed fillip and increased the run-rate. His 20th hundred came off just 109 balls with 11 fours and 4 sixes.England were 341/3.
104.3 overs: England crossed 300. Pietersen was on 68 while Bell batting on 10.
100.1 overs: Pietersen hoicked one over bowler Suraj Randiv’s head for a six and brought up his fifty off just 59 balls with 4 fours and 3 sixes. England also took lead over Sri Lanka.
97 overs: Trott out!! England were 253/3.
Jonathan Trott was outsmarted by left-arm spinner Rangana Herath. Trott tried to defend but the ball which kissed the outside-edge of his bat and went traight to Jayawardene at first slip.
93 overs: England were 239/2 at lunch, 36 runs shy of Sri Lanka’s first innings total of 275 all out. Jonathan Trott was again playing well for his unbeaten 62 while Kevin Pietersen giving him company at 18.
84.1 overs: Cook out, missed a well-deserved ton!!
Opener Alastair Cook departed on 94. Part-time off-spinner Dilshan claimed his wicket.
82.6 overs : England reached 200-run mark. Cook and Trott are as usual playing very cautiously and slowly.
66th over: Herath started the proceedings for Sri Lanka while Cook (77*) and Trott (15*) resumed batting for England.
Earlier, under-pressure skipper Andrew Strauss and fellow opener Alastair Cook hit gutsy half-centuries as England made a confident reply to Sri Lanka`s on Wednesday.
The left-handers compiled a 122-run partnership as England combated Sri Lanka`s pace and spin attack to reach 154-1 by stumps on the second.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow