England yet to know about their warm-up game opponents
London: The England cricket team, which arrived in Hyderabad on Tuesday for a five-match ODI series against India, is yet to know who its opponents for Saturday`s warm-up game will be, the British media reported.
England have two 50 overs warm-up games scheduled in Hyderabad before the ODI series that begins against the world champions October 14.
England stand-in coach Richard Halsall admitted that they are in the dark about whom they might play or even what team is called.
"I understand we`re struggling to find a team to play against," Halsall was quoted as saying in British media.
With most of the top Indian cricketers either injured or involved in the Irani Cup or Champions League Twenty20 matches, the tourists are expecting to face a second string XI.
England`s chief coach Andy Flower, who is delayed by shoulder surgery as well as Tuesday`s OBE awards ceremony at Buckingham Palace, will reach Hyderabad on Thursday.
England, however, will be without their batting coach Graham Gooch, who is has recovering from an operation on his right wrist tendon.
India had beaten England 5-1 and 5-0 on their last two ODI trips here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama