England’s bowling attack is ‘the best in the world’: Border
Melbourne: Former Australian captain Allan Border reckons the England team for the recent Ashes series had its best bowling unit in almost 20 years.
“We came up against a pretty-good English side after 20 years of them copping it from us. I’d like to think people realise England deserve more of a rap than they have been getting,” a newspaper quoted Border, as saying.
“Their bowling attack is the best in the world. South Africa has quality bowlers, but England’s quartet is outstanding, and to think they lost [Stuart] Broad early in the series.”
“They put [enormous] pressure on the Australian batsmen, it was a great display of bowling. It was England’s turn to shine and they took all that was before them,” he added.
England had wrapped up the five-match series 3-1 to win their first Test series in Australia since the 1986-87 tour.
It was also the first time that Australia has lost three matches in a series by more than an innings in 135 years of Test cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar