England’s bowling attack is ‘the best in the world’: Border
Melbourne: Former Australian captain Allan Border reckons the England team for the recent Ashes series had its best bowling unit in almost 20 years.
“We came up against a pretty-good English side after 20 years of them copping it from us. I’d like to think people realise England deserve more of a rap than they have been getting,” a newspaper quoted Border, as saying.
“Their bowling attack is the best in the world. South Africa has quality bowlers, but England’s quartet is outstanding, and to think they lost [Stuart] Broad early in the series.”
“They put [enormous] pressure on the Australian batsmen, it was a great display of bowling. It was England’s turn to shine and they took all that was before them,” he added.
England had wrapped up the five-match series 3-1 to win their first Test series in Australia since the 1986-87 tour.
It was also the first time that Australia has lost three matches in a series by more than an innings in 135 years of Test cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report