England’s bowling attack is ‘the best in the world’: Border
Melbourne: Former Australian captain Allan Border reckons the England team for the recent Ashes series had its best bowling unit in almost 20 years.
“We came up against a pretty-good English side after 20 years of them copping it from us. I’d like to think people realise England deserve more of a rap than they have been getting,” a newspaper quoted Border, as saying.
“Their bowling attack is the best in the world. South Africa has quality bowlers, but England’s quartet is outstanding, and to think they lost [Stuart] Broad early in the series.”
“They put [enormous] pressure on the Australian batsmen, it was a great display of bowling. It was England’s turn to shine and they took all that was before them,” he added.
England had wrapped up the five-match series 3-1 to win their first Test series in Australia since the 1986-87 tour.
It was also the first time that Australia has lost three matches in a series by more than an innings in 135 years of Test cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof