England’s bowling attack is ‘the best in the world’: Border
Melbourne: Former Australian captain Allan Border reckons the England team for the recent Ashes series had its best bowling unit in almost 20 years.
“We came up against a pretty-good English side after 20 years of them copping it from us. I’d like to think people realise England deserve more of a rap than they have been getting,” a newspaper quoted Border, as saying.
“Their bowling attack is the best in the world. South Africa has quality bowlers, but England’s quartet is outstanding, and to think they lost [Stuart] Broad early in the series.”
“They put [enormous] pressure on the Australian batsmen, it was a great display of bowling. It was England’s turn to shine and they took all that was before them,” he added.
England had wrapped up the five-match series 3-1 to win their first Test series in Australia since the 1986-87 tour.
It was also the first time that Australia has lost three matches in a series by more than an innings in 135 years of Test cricket.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra