England’s Kieswetter ruled out of Twenty20s
London: Wicketkeeper Craig Kieswetter has been ruled out of England’s two Twenty20s against Australia because he needs surgery on an abscess.
The England and Wales Cricket Board says the surgery is only minor and that Kieswetter will be fit for this month’s second-string England Lions tour of the West Indies.
Batsman Michael Lumb is already in Australia to play Twenty20s for Queensland Bulls and will replace his fellow World Twenty20-squad winner against Australia.
England follows their 3-1 Ashes series win with Twenty20s in Adelaide on Wednesday and Melbourne two days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'