England’s squad delay gives Kevin Pietersen hope of recall
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Birmingham: England have delayed their announcement of the team for four-Test tour of India only to give Kevin Pietersen hope of being recalled to the England dressing room.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) will announce the team only on next Tuesday, which had been due on Thursday. Meanwhile, ECB has confirmed that the delay is to allow for further deliberation of the Pietersen saga.
Apparently, the new team captain Alastair Cook is in favour of having Pietersen in the middle order for the Test series against India, his first series since taking over from Andrew Strauss as captain.
Pietersen was dropped from the squad after it was revealed he`d sent "provocative texts" to South African players, some of which were allegedly critical of Strauss, following the drawn second Test with South Africa at Headingley last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on