England’s squad delay gives Kevin Pietersen hope of recall
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Birmingham: England have delayed their announcement of the team for four-Test tour of India only to give Kevin Pietersen hope of being recalled to the England dressing room.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) will announce the team only on next Tuesday, which had been due on Thursday. Meanwhile, ECB has confirmed that the delay is to allow for further deliberation of the Pietersen saga.
Apparently, the new team captain Alastair Cook is in favour of having Pietersen in the middle order for the Test series against India, his first series since taking over from Andrew Strauss as captain.
Pietersen was dropped from the squad after it was revealed he`d sent "provocative texts" to South African players, some of which were allegedly critical of Strauss, following the drawn second Test with South Africa at Headingley last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal