England’s squad delay gives Kevin Pietersen hope of recall
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Birmingham: England have delayed their announcement of the team for four-Test tour of India only to give Kevin Pietersen hope of being recalled to the England dressing room.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) will announce the team only on next Tuesday, which had been due on Thursday. Meanwhile, ECB has confirmed that the delay is to allow for further deliberation of the Pietersen saga.
Apparently, the new team captain Alastair Cook is in favour of having Pietersen in the middle order for the Test series against India, his first series since taking over from Andrew Strauss as captain.
Pietersen was dropped from the squad after it was revealed he`d sent "provocative texts" to South African players, some of which were allegedly critical of Strauss, following the drawn second Test with South Africa at Headingley last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan