‘England’s top T20 guns failing to clinch IPL deals due to involvement with national side,’ says Dhoni
London: England`s top T20 players are struggling to win IPL contracts due to their involvement with the national side, Indian skipper MS Dhoni has said.
Dhoni says that the Three Lions’ players would have to put in a display worthy of Kevin Pietersen, if they want to be snapped up by an IPL franchise. “Most of the time when the IPL happens, I don``t think the English team has a clear period.
They`re not available for the full 45 to 50 days of cricket, so that`s a big concern when it comes to some of the IPL franchises,” the Daily Mirror quoted Dhoni, as saying.
According to the report, a double header of international T20 matches in India is the perfect shop window for the likes of Jos Buttler and Jonny Bairstow to hawk their cricketing skills.
However, with their time available to play in the megabucks tournament limited by the English season, they need to be extra special to be gambled on.
“Kevin Pietersen is a really different batsman, who can be really aggressive, and the grounds are not big enough in India. If he`s available for half-a-season, the sides can still gamble that he can play seven or eight games at least,” said Dhoni.
“He`s a special player. But you have to be that special for a franchise to think ``let`s bank on this player``, and he`s only available for a few games,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli