Entire country is upset with spot-fixing in IPL, says Rudy
Patna: Describing the spot-fixing in the cash-rich IPL as a `blot` on the game of cricket, senior BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy on Friday said that the entire country is upset over the issue.
"Spot fixing in IPL is a blot on the game and the entire country is upset with the matter," he told reporters in reply to a question.
It is simply not good for the game being watched by millions of people in the country, Rudy said and hoped that those running the IPL and the BCCI will take care of dubious activities in the game.
Asked about his stand on whether the BCCI chief N Srinivasan should resign from his post after the name of his son in-law Gurunath Meiyappa surfaced in the spot-fixing issue, the BJP leader steered clear saying that he was not in a position to comment on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter