Even Hot Spot inventor claims `controversial` DRS not `fool-proof` method for determining edges
Sydney: The Australian inventor of Hot Spot, Warren Brennan has admitted that the decision review system could never be perfect, adding that when there was no Hot Spot, it was necessary that the batsman had not nicked the ball.
Brennan`s Melbourne-based BBG Sports is behind the infrared cameras used in international cricket as well as the Snickometer tool broadcasters use.
Brennan said that there was no question Brad Haddin had hit the ball, adding that on occasions when the Hot Spot did not show up on the bat, there was a margin for error.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement