Ex-coach Mohsin Khan says Misbah still Pak``s mentally, physically fittest player
Islamabad: Former coach Mohsin Khan has claimed Pakistan captain Misbahul Haq is still the team`s fittest player, both physically and mentally.
For long Misbah has been the centre of attention, and sometimes it has been for good reasons, while, on occasions, his defensive tactics and batting style have come under severe criticism.
Calls for removal of the Pakistan One-Day International (ODI )and Test captain gained momentum after the team suffered a 3-0 whitewash at the hands of South Africa in the Test series. Recently, former captain Moin Khan demanded sweeping changes in the team, calling for the removal of seasoned players and also asked the 38-year old Misbah to review his future in limited-overs cricket.
However, former coach Mohsin has backed the senior players, particularly Misbah, saying even if the skipper is 40 years old he will select him. Mohsin added he has spent a lot of time with the team and according to his assessment Misbah and Younus Khan are the most physically fit players in our squad.
Mohsin added to be precise Misbah is the fittest cricketer, mentally and physically among the current lot, adding he heard people still asking for Misbah`s removal despite his match-winning knock in the fourth ODI against South Africa. The former Test batsman said he wants to ask these people what do they want from a player who is fit and is performing well.
Besides hitting a match-winning 80, Misbah also chipped in with an unbeaten 57 to guide Pakistan to a win in the second ODI, and Mohsin said both the wins wouldn`t have been possible without Misbha`s crucial contributions. The series is currently level 2-2 with the final ODI due to take placeon Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Watch: Trailer of India's first stoner movie 'M Cream' is finally out
- Vijender Singh is an amateur, not in my league: Kerry Hope
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"