Ex-Kiwi captain Taylor confirms return for England series next year
London: Ross Taylor, who was unceremoniously stripped of captaincy by New Zealand Cricket (NZC) following the Sri Lanka series, has confirmed he will return to the team for their series against England next year after he pulled out of the upcoming South Africa series. While the Black Caps prepare to leave this week for their gruelling tour of South Africa, Taylor was looking forward to spending Christmas with his parents in Masterton and time with his young family.
Taylor pulled out of the tour when replaced as skipper by Brendon McCullum last week, citing an untenable relationship with coach Mike Hesson as one reason for declining an offer to remain as Test captain. The 28-year-old said the past month has been stressful since being told of his pending demotion by Hesson, days out from the first Test in Sri Lanka.
Taylor added he has struggled to sleep since but is now coming to terms with his decision to pull out of the tour and confirmed he is targeting a return for the home series against England in February/March. “I`m cooling down ... and hopefully over the next few weeks I can continue to recover in a lot of areas,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Taylor, as saying to a radio channel. “Hopefully I`ll be ready for that England series, all going well. But it will be a tough transition back into the team,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla