Ex-Oz wicketkeeper Healy says Clarke growing as ‘leader’
Sydney: Former Australia wicketkeeper Ian Healy has said Michael Clarke’s captaincy skills are improving day by day, and added the way he has brought the best out of his young team is a testimony to his growing stature as a leader.
As Clarke wiped out Ricky Ponting`s record for runs in a calendar year by an Australian yesterday and moved to fourth on the global list, Healy claimed even more impressive had been the way Clarke had got the best out of a team rebuilding under him, News.com.au reports.
Healy said the team at Clarke’s disposal isn’t great but he has still managed to get the younger and inexperienced players perform, which in itself is a trait of a great leader.
The former wicketkeeper believes Clarke’s captaincy this year has been more impressive than his batting despite breaking so many records with the bat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report