Ex-Oz wicketkeeper Healy says Clarke growing as ‘leader’
Sydney: Former Australia wicketkeeper Ian Healy has said Michael Clarke’s captaincy skills are improving day by day, and added the way he has brought the best out of his young team is a testimony to his growing stature as a leader.
As Clarke wiped out Ricky Ponting`s record for runs in a calendar year by an Australian yesterday and moved to fourth on the global list, Healy claimed even more impressive had been the way Clarke had got the best out of a team rebuilding under him, News.com.au reports.
Healy said the team at Clarke’s disposal isn’t great but he has still managed to get the younger and inexperienced players perform, which in itself is a trait of a great leader.
The former wicketkeeper believes Clarke’s captaincy this year has been more impressive than his batting despite breaking so many records with the bat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days