Excited to be in ICC`s elite umpire panel: Reiffel
Melbourne: Former Australian fast bowler Paul Reiffel Wednesday expressed his excitement on being promoted to ICC`s elite panel of umpires.
Speaking about his promotion, Reiffel said: "When I first started umpiring after retiring from first-class cricket, my aim was to reach the highest level of international umpiring. It always seemed a long way off. So, it`s very rewarding and exciting to achieve the goal I set myself when I first started umpiring."
The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced Reiffel`s elevation Tuesday following several strong seasons as one of the leading umpires in Australia. Reiffel joins fellow Australians Rod Tucker, Bruce Oxenford and Steve Davis on the panel of 12 umpires.
"I`d like to thank Cricket Australia (CA) for their support throughout my umpiring career. The umpiring system and pathway in Australia is very good, which is evidenced by the quality of Australian umpires," the 47-year-old, who has officiated in four Tests, 30 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and nine Twenty20 Internationals, added.
The other eight elite panel umpires are: Aleem Dar (Pakistan), Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka), Marais Erasmus (South Africa), Ian Gould (England), Tony Hill (New Zealand), Richard Illingworth (England), Richard Kettleborough (England), Nigel Llong (England).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks