Excited to be in ICC`s elite umpire panel: Reiffel
Melbourne: Former Australian fast bowler Paul Reiffel Wednesday expressed his excitement on being promoted to ICC`s elite panel of umpires.
Speaking about his promotion, Reiffel said: "When I first started umpiring after retiring from first-class cricket, my aim was to reach the highest level of international umpiring. It always seemed a long way off. So, it`s very rewarding and exciting to achieve the goal I set myself when I first started umpiring."
The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced Reiffel`s elevation Tuesday following several strong seasons as one of the leading umpires in Australia. Reiffel joins fellow Australians Rod Tucker, Bruce Oxenford and Steve Davis on the panel of 12 umpires.
"I`d like to thank Cricket Australia (CA) for their support throughout my umpiring career. The umpiring system and pathway in Australia is very good, which is evidenced by the quality of Australian umpires," the 47-year-old, who has officiated in four Tests, 30 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and nine Twenty20 Internationals, added.
The other eight elite panel umpires are: Aleem Dar (Pakistan), Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka), Marais Erasmus (South Africa), Ian Gould (England), Tony Hill (New Zealand), Richard Illingworth (England), Richard Kettleborough (England), Nigel Llong (England).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video