Faf du Plessis says `momentum` with Proteas team going into Pak T20 series
Johannesburg: Captain Faf du Plessis has said that South Africa will have the necessary momentum going into the T20 series with Pakistan, having recently won the ODI series 4-1.
According to Sport24, the series is an important marker for the T20 squad, with countdown to the ICC World Twenty20 in full motion.
The squad features three new faces in Henry Davids, Aaron Phangiso and David Wiese, along with players brimming with confidence after the 4-1 win in the ODI series, the report said.
Du Plessis said that the team understood that it was a new competition but it would always help going into a tournament with some confidence from beating a side.
Du Plessis`s troops won their previous T20I series against Sri Lanka 2-1 in difficult sub-continent conditions, and the skipper hopes this series will give the players valuable exposure to similar conditions expected for the World T20 in Bangladesh early next year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets