Faf du Plessis says `momentum` with Proteas team going into Pak T20 series
Johannesburg: Captain Faf du Plessis has said that South Africa will have the necessary momentum going into the T20 series with Pakistan, having recently won the ODI series 4-1.
According to Sport24, the series is an important marker for the T20 squad, with countdown to the ICC World Twenty20 in full motion.
The squad features three new faces in Henry Davids, Aaron Phangiso and David Wiese, along with players brimming with confidence after the 4-1 win in the ODI series, the report said.
Du Plessis said that the team understood that it was a new competition but it would always help going into a tournament with some confidence from beating a side.
Du Plessis`s troops won their previous T20I series against Sri Lanka 2-1 in difficult sub-continent conditions, and the skipper hopes this series will give the players valuable exposure to similar conditions expected for the World T20 in Bangladesh early next year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport