Faf du Plessis says South Africa can learn from brutal T20 mauling by Pakistan
Johannesburg: South Africa batsman Faf du Plessis, after suffering an embarrassing Twenty20 defeat on Sunday at the hands of Pakistan, has said his team can learn a thing or two from the Pakistani players.
Pakistan beat South Africa by 95 runs - their lowest ever total in T20 cricket.
Du Plessis said that when Pakistan are on fire like they were during the match, they can put the best in the world under pressure. He said it was a learning curve for the SA`s young players, reports Sport24.
Du Plessis said his team could learn from Pakistan the way they played the first eight overs. Pakistan started with intent and had the run rate at over nine runs an over from the seventh over.
Du Plessis had to call on his `death` bowlers midway through the innings and said the only advice he gave his bowlers was not to panic.
He further said Mohammad Hafeez was the game changer for Pakistan.
Hafeez hammered 86 and took three wickets for 25 runs, while fast bowler Umar Gul took five for six as South Africa collapsed to 100 all out in reply to Pakistan`s 7-195 in what was a series decider after the first match in Durban was washed out.
Appointed Pakistan`s captain in the shortest form of the game, Hafeez thrashed four sixes and nine fours off 50 balls. When he was on 73 he became the first Pakistani to reach 1000 runs in T20 internationals.
His innings was in dramatic contrast to his struggles in a three-match Test series which ended last week in which he could score only 43 runs in six innings at an average of 7.16.
South Africa and Pakistan meet in five one-day internationals, starting in Bloemfontein next Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened