Faisal Iqbal says being Miandad`s nephew always acted against him
Islamabad: Pakistan player Faisal Iqbal has said that the only reason why he has been able to survive in the national team is because of his mental strength, and being the nephew of the great Javed Miandad, people have always wanted him to fail.
According to The Dawn, Iqbal said that since he had made his debut, he had been kept as a replacement player and he had no time to settle being played at different batting positions all the time.
Iqbal said that he has been an easy target caught in political crossfire and public perception is that he was selected because of Miandad.
He added that being from Karachi further increased the problem.
The player also said that his favourite innings had been the one against India, which helped Pakistan win the Test match in Karachi .
When there is a tough Pakistan series, Faisal goes to bat at three and when there is an easy series, Faisal is the 12th man, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom