Farooq congratulates Rasool for selection in India-A squad
Jammu: Union Minister and JKCA President Farooq Abdullah has congratulated promising all-rounder Parvez Rasool, who hails from the valley, for his selection in the India A team that will take on the touring England side in a practice match in Delhi tomorrow.
"I am very happy to know about your selection in the `India A` cricket team. It is indeed a matter of great pride and honour for the J&K Cricket Association that you have been selected to represent the country in a match against the touring English cricket team," Abdullah said in a congratulatory message to Parvez.
"This unprecedented achievement is a result of your untiring efforts, grit and determination and shall surely inspire the younger generation of cricketers in the State," Dr Abdullah added.
Abdullah also complimented J&K chief coach Bishen Singh Bedi and team staff for their expert guidance and encouragement to the team, in particular for grooming young Rasool.
Rasool, who hails from Bijbehara in Anantnag, has scored 594 runs, including two centuries, and taken 33 wickets in the current Ranji Trophy season.
The 23-year-old has been summoned by the Indian team management to bowl to the likes of captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virat Kohli ahead of the side`s third and final ODI against Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi