Farooq congratulates Rasool for selection in India-A squad
Jammu: Union Minister and JKCA President Farooq Abdullah has congratulated promising all-rounder Parvez Rasool, who hails from the valley, for his selection in the India A team that will take on the touring England side in a practice match in Delhi tomorrow.
"I am very happy to know about your selection in the `India A` cricket team. It is indeed a matter of great pride and honour for the J&K Cricket Association that you have been selected to represent the country in a match against the touring English cricket team," Abdullah said in a congratulatory message to Parvez.
"This unprecedented achievement is a result of your untiring efforts, grit and determination and shall surely inspire the younger generation of cricketers in the State," Dr Abdullah added.
Abdullah also complimented J&K chief coach Bishen Singh Bedi and team staff for their expert guidance and encouragement to the team, in particular for grooming young Rasool.
Rasool, who hails from Bijbehara in Anantnag, has scored 594 runs, including two centuries, and taken 33 wickets in the current Ranji Trophy season.
The 23-year-old has been summoned by the Indian team management to bowl to the likes of captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virat Kohli ahead of the side`s third and final ODI against Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?