Farooq orders inquiry into J&K Ranji team selection fiasco
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association president Farooq Abdullah has ordered an inquiry into the Ranji team selection fiasco a day after JKCA treasurer Manzoor Wazir had tendered his resignation for failing to end the impasse.
Wazir had dispatched his resignation to Abdullah yesterday, stating that he made every possible effort to ease things out between JKCA and Kashmiri players over the issue of team selection and captaincy, but all his efforts went in vain.
Sensing the gravity of the matter, JKCA chief has decided to constitute a committee comprising senior board officials to investigate the entire episode.
"JKCA president Farooq Abdullah has taken this issue very seriously and shall shortly constitute a committee of senior officials to inquire into the matter," said Ranjit Kalra, chairman of JKCA`s media committee.
He also stated that JKCA president is yet to accept Wazir`s resignation.
Sources disclosed that Wazir tendered his resignation after coming to know that some JKCA officials have bargained the selection of Jammu players in the team over Kashmiri players.
But member of JKCA provincial committee, Mehboob Iqbal has denied any such theory.
"9 players from Kashmir and 7 players from Jammu were selected for the match that is presently going on in Guwahati," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sell your old car for scrap and get freebies from government
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT