Faulkner to lead Australia A for 4-day series against India A
Melbourne: Australian all-rounder James Faulkner has been appointed as the `A` team captain for the four-day series against India `A` and South Africa `A` in July and August, Cricket Australia confirmed Friday.
Faulkner, who has been a part of IPL in 2011 (Pune Warriors), 2012 (Kings XI Punjab) and 2013 (Rajasthan Royals), has stood in 24 ODIs for the Aussies and played a single Test.
CA chairman of selectors Rodney Marsh expects Faulkner, 24, to perform well.
"James is a young man with plenty of character and possesses a great desire to win," Marsh said.
"He is still developing as an all-rounder but we believe this captaincy provides him an opportunity to do that as well as develop his leadership skills."
Meanwhile, middle-order batsman Cameron White will lead the one-day squad in a quadrangular series post the two unofficial Tests. Marsh believes White`s huge experience in limited-overs cricket will benefit the ODI team.
"Cameron White has been selected as captain of the one-day team for the quad series in Darwin. Cam White is a very good captain with loads of experience and will set a fine leadership example to the younger players," Marsh said.
Some known Australian players including Josh Hazlewood, Moises Henriques, Phillip Hughes, Chris Lynn and Mitchell Marsh are part of both the sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat
- PM Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune, calls it "People's Mission"