Fawad Ahmed in line for Ashes selection
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: Australia`s chief selector John Inverarity has said that Pakistan born asylum-seeker Fawad Ahmed will be in contention for a place in the Ashes squad to tour England if he is granted citizenship in time.
The 31-year-old leg-spinner, who left his home in the border region near Afghanistan, was given a permanent visa to remain in Australia in November.
However, he needs a fast-tracked citizenship and an Australian passport to represent the country.
The leg-spinner is rated very highly in the Australian domestic circuit and will be an asset to the Australian spin department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen