Feel sorry for Sreesanth, sheer waste of talent: Sourav Ganguly
Kolkata: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly today felt "sorry" for pace bowler S Sreesanth, who was handed a life ban on charges of spot-fixing in IPL.
"If he has done it, I feel it`s the right decision. I feel sorry for him, it`s a sheer waste of talent," Ganguly said on the sidelines Bengal`s cricket coaching committee meeting.
Ganguly, who is the chairman of the committee, further expressed concern about Bengal`s inept batting ahead of the upcoming 2013-14 domestic season.
"Batting is a massive concern for Bengal," Ganguly said as the state would not get the services of regular skipper Manoj Tiwary, who is recovering from a knee surgery.
"I`ve spoken to the coach (Ashok Malhotra) regarding this. Players have to understand the situation and take up responsibility. It`s no rocket science," Ganguly said.
Bengal coaches in the senior and age-group levels will meet on September 18 and Ganguly will submit a report at the CAB.
This was the first meeting of the five-member committee formed last month.
Hiranmoy Chatterjee, Samir Dasgupta, Debabrata Das and Rupnath Roychowdhury are the other members of the committee.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know