Fields to lead Australia in ICC Women`s World Cup
Melbourne: Australia cricketer Jodie Fields will lead her side in the upcoming ICC Women`s World Cup to be held in India from Jan 31 to Feb 17.
Cricket Australia`s (CA) Women`s National Selection Panel (WNSP) Friday announced the 15-player squad for the tournament will take place at four venues in Mumbai.
The following is the squad: Jodie Fields (C), Alex Blackwell (VC), Jess Cameron, Sarah Coyte, Holly Ferling, Rachael Haynes, Alyssa Healy, Julie Hunter, Jess Jonassen, Meg Lanning, Erin Osborne, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Lisa Sthalekar, Elyse Villani.
Commenting on the squad, WNSP chair of selectors Julie Savage said: "The WNSP have selected a powerful and well-balanced squad to contest the ICC Women`s World Cup India 2013."
"Recent international matches suggest this will be a very closely contested event. England, as the No.1 ranked team, will be the tournament favourites, but the recent form of a resurgent New Zealand, as well as India on their home turf and the powerfully athletic West Indian team will provide tough contests throughout the entire event."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP